Amsler Grid Vision Check
Test the vision in each eye every day. Early detection of a vision problem increases the chance of saving eyesight through timely treatment. The Amsler Grid is a simple test of vision quality that detects even minor changes when they first occur. This easy test only takes a moment for each eye. If you notice any changes in the appearance of the grid such as distortion, blurring, discoloration, dark or missing areas of the grid, or any other changes, call and visit your retinologist immediately! Do not wait to see if the changes will clear up with no intervention. Amsler Grid Vision Check.
Lay summaries of important research.
- October 2012: Avastin and Lucentis Are Equivalent in Treating AMD: CATT Two-year Results
- November 2011: Monthly Lucentis - Safe and Effective for PXE?
- May 2011: Lucentis and Avastin Equally Effective for AMD
- May 2010: Retinal Treatments
- May 2010: UK's NHS Looking into Avastin® As Treatment for Wet AMD
- August 2009: Update on Treatments for Retinal Bleeding Caused by PXE
- August 2008: Clinical Trials Comparing Avastin and Lucentis
- October 2007: Finally! Analysis of the Use of Avastin for Retinal Bleeding of PXE
- Summer 2006: Treatments for Retinal Bleeding Caused by PXE
Medical Bulletins and Eye FAQs
Medical bulletins in simple terms describing the effects of pseudoxanthoma elasticum on the eye.
PXE International's Professional Advisory Board answers your questions in the Eye FAQ.
Webinars and Video
Adjournment debate on UK government support for PXE
|What to Expect from a Low Vision Session
Wendy Mons, Mons International
|PXE and the Eye
Wai Wong, MD, National Eye Institute
May 11, 2009
- One Woman's Journey, by JoAnn DeFrancesco
- Two Paths, by Pat Manson
- A PXEer's Success Story, by Pat Manson
- Embrace the Change, by Jan Nesset
- Arizona Department of Economic Security: A Resource for Low Vision Tools, by Charles Harper
- Give Sorrow Words, by Charles Harper
- What I Miss Most (about not seeing), by Pat Manson
Guide dogs free of charge to the legally blind
The Test Walk - Partnering with a Guide Dog, by Kent and Jenine Stanley
Four Paws Test Drive - Learning to See Guide Dogs Differently, by Linda Falconiero